Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- Please arrive in our office 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled surgery time.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) after midnight prior to the morning of your surgery. A small sip of water may be taken with pre-operative antibiotics and prescription medications.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- Please hydrate well the evening prior to surgery (up until midnight, or when you go to sleep).
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. If you are a minor , your escort must be your legal guardian or biological parent.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- If you are prescribed an inhaler, please bring it with you.
- Please wear loose fitting comfortable clothing with short sleeves or sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes. (NO flip-flops or open-toed shoes)
- If you wear a sweatshirt, please wear a short-sleeve shirt underneath.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- DO NOT wear lipstick, makeup, artificial nails or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have any recent illness, such as a cold, respiratory infection, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office immediately.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Frawley prior to your surgical date for instructions.